Version 1.1 Is Out!
This maintenance release brings a few useful improvements:
- Support for templates. In many scenarios there are some containment structures that are created recurrently, like Building ⇒ Floor ⇒ Room ⇒ Rack, or ODF/DDFs with large number of ports (12/24/36/48/72/96/144), or simply equipment with the same set of attributes, for example all the routers of certain model: The vendor, number of rack units, slots, etc will be always the same. Creating them from scratch every time is a tedious task. With Kuwaiba 1.1, you can use templates to create actual inventory elements more easily.
- User defined reports using Groovy scripting.
- The passwords are now stored using BCrypt. See the next section if you are upgrading from version 1.0.
- Connections have now tool text tips.
- General audit trail entries are sorted from the newest to the oldest.
- Many bug fixes and code clean up.
If you are upgrading from version 1.0, you need to run a couple patches before using version 1.1. Follow these steps:
- Undeploy the old version from Glassfish. You can do this using the command line
Or using the web console:
- Deploy the new version as you did with the version 1.0.
- Go to
http://localhost:8080/kuwaiba and click on Apply Patches.
- Select the two options and click on Apply. Important: All passwords will be reset to the same value of the user name (that is, the password for user "admin" will be "admin").
We are eager to hear your thoughts on the new version! The install bundle comes now with the manuals included. Download it from here and leave your comments using our community channels.